Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Poolside Observation and Question

Is it just me or are pre-teen females developing at a much earlier age than they did twenty years ago? Because when I was twelve and hanging out at the pool I can assure you that neither I nor any of my friends were anywhere close to having the body type of Angelina Jolie (the non-pregnant version), unlike the handful of girls I saw today.

Let me also say right now that I will not allow my daughters to hang out at the pool wearing a bikini which leaves very little to the imagination to be oogled by a bunch of walking hormone factories (a.k.a. teenaged boys). Because baby butt cheeks hanging out of a swimsuit - cute and adorable. Teenage girl butt cheek and extreme boob exposure - hell to the no.

Any chance the full body swimsuits will be back in fashion by 2014?

7 comments:

you can call me al said...

Yes.
And maybe if we started to work on that now . . . .

J said...

I'm in!

for a different kind of girl said...

I have boys, and they're too young to even care about girls right now, but that hasn't stopped me from noticing how much more grown up teenage girls look than what I remember them being when I was their age. It's shocking to me! So even though I don't think I'll ever have my own girls, I'd be willing to chip in on this swimsuit idea!

tlk said...

I hate to break it to you Mrs., but recent fasion trends indicate that girls will be swimming toples by that time. Boys will still be wearing their trunks down to their knees though. FYI: I wouldn't think I'm so funny if I had two girls instead of two boys.

jen said...

I'm trying not to hyper-ventilate at the thought of what Peanut's swimsuit will look like in anouther 12 years....any chance it'll still be one piece, pink, polkadots with Disney princesses??? I know, we'll be sure to open a pool that no boys are allowed into when our girls are teenagers....but wait, what'll I do with my son then?? Ugh. We just have to keep them from becoming teenagers--that's the key!

The General said...

Don't worry, by then the ozone layer will be almost completely gone. And global warming will have spike to temperatures beyond our beliefs. No one will be going outside in 12 years. So were good on the bathing suit issue.

Swanny said...

Ugh... Peanut can where whatever she wants to the pool. She just needs to understand that, if necessary, I'll be following her around with shotgun and a very large knife.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails